Monday, December 7, 2009

Steph's Birthday Present

I love having a handy husband.
I drove to Utah with the kids on my birthday and while I was gone Matt got me this for my present... not the pan.
He and his brother (thanks Paul!!) worked hard and installed my kitchen backsplash. Neither one had done it before and they totally pulled it off!
I've been wanting a backsplash for a long time. I just had a hard time deciding. I finally decided and went for it- I love it! Matt said don't look too close, but I say that his little mistakes remind me of his BIG love! Thanks Sweetheart:)

4 comments:

M+J said...

Hi! I'm Rebecca's friend from Phoenix who asked for pictures of your stunning backsplash. She'd raved about how beautiful it was, and she didn't exaggerate a bit! It is terrific and so sweet of your husband to do the work and to surprise you. You can't tell he is a novice at all. My husband attempted a tiling job once (and he's a wonderful man), but once was enough!

What a great husband and a terrific kitchen. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Julie

Kirsten said...

what a great birthday present!! I told Sean not to get me anything for my birthday this year except a couch...we'll see how that goes. It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Tell Matt NICE WORK!!

Trisha said...

LOVE IT! They did an awesome job.

iamwonderwoman said...

Your backsplash is beautiful. Who knew tile could be so beautiful? You have such great taste Stephanie and everything you do is awesome!