Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ICE BREAKERS 2009

I coached Audrey's AYSO team again this year. We were the
ICE BREAKERS!
"ice, ice breakers... Ice, Ice Breakers... ICE, ICE BREAKERS LET'S GO!!"
"Bump and Run!"
"Turbo Boost!"
"Shot!"

My little #5
Audrey won the
"ICE, ICE BREAKERS UNITE- TEAM SPIRIT"
Award!
A few days after we had our Team Award Dinner, Audrey told me this story at the dinner table:
"When you were giving out all the awards I was getting really nervous. I wasn't the fastest, I didn't have the strongest shot, (you know the golden cleat award), I wasn't the best goalie...I wasn't the best at anything. When you called me up very last at the end I thought there might not be an award for me. Then you started talking about how we would make up cheers together in the car and how I cheered all my team mates on and I thought... "Oh, I am the best at something!". I felt really happy inside. Thanks for my award mom."
No, Audrey, thank you. I know I get frustrated with you sometimes, but I wouldn't trade you for the best soccer player in the world. I love you just the way you are.

4 comments:

rufannmama said...

hooray for new posts! your family is the cutest. i cannot believe blake is 11! that is insane. next year is his last in primary, then on to the big time.

iamwonderwoman said...

Hey you didn't have to wear the goofy coach's jersey like I had too. :p You guys look good!

Elise said...

YAY!!! I LOVE you posts!!! and I love that you coach Audrey's soccer team...seriously you ROCK!! hopefully someday I'm a super cute mom like you :)

Kirsten said...

I love that you're their coach--how fun!! Audrey is so cute...I AM good at something! what a sweetie