Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blake turns 11!

Blake already got his MAJOR birthday surprise trip, so we kept it simple on his actual birthday. It landed on a Friday the 13th this year. Matt and I brought Subway sandwiches in and had lunch with him and handed out a bunch of cookies for his class and friends. I had the whole lunch room sing to him. He turned a little red but was totally fine with it. I love that he's not mortified of me...yet.
Blake invited a bunch of boys to walk home with him after school. They all went to the park for a serious game of flag football. It's so funny to me how intense they all get. Matt was the official, and he had his work cut out for him.
They just couldn't stop the Cannon- Helu (Harvey Unga's nephew) combo.
It's awesome how much fun boys can have with just a ball and some treats.
Blake opened presents that night and got a cool new knife from Grandma and Grandpa Cannon and Grandpa Jones gave him his old shuffle that he didn't use anymore. Grandma Jones gave him a signed Austin Collie football card. He wanted a USC hat too. He requested Grandma Cannon's Texas sheet cake for his birthday cake- so I tried my best to replicate it.
Happy 11th Birthday Buddy!!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your kids are SOOOO cute!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Halloween idea--you all looked GREAT! Glad you are all doing well :) We love you guys!

Elise said...

I want to keep commenting on all the posts (but I have a conference call in a few)- but I LOVE all the updates...Can't believe how big you kids are getting- little Chase is growing up!!! Wish I was a little closer so I could see y'all on your adventures. Come out east and play!!!!! Love y'all!

Trisha said...

Wow, what a birthday!!