Monday, September 8, 2008

Jackson's First Day of JOY School

I took a deep a breath and decided to join up with some other moms for a Joy School group this year for Jackson.  We get the lessons online and I take my turn every 6 weeks.  Jackson, of course, loves it and... SO DO I!  I was a little nervous and hesitant at first but after my first turn, I remembered how fun it is to teach small children, especially my own.  I've been released from Primary for awhile now, so this became my new outlet to be silly, tell stories, play with puppets and make up actions to songs.

Jackson loves his Cars backpack.  When he wakes up in the morning he'll ask if it's Joy School day.  If it is he'll get dressed and then he puts his backpack on.  School doesn't start until 12:00 but he'll wear it around the house all morning waiting..."Is it time for Joy School yet?"

5 comments:

Trisha said...

That is so fun, and good for you for doing it. You are such a great mom, your kids are so lucky to have you. Jackson looks so happy with his backpack on!

Stacie said...

What a cutie! I love it when the kids are excited to start school! I have heard good things about Joy School but then I realized teaching little ones is not my forte! ;)

I like the kind of preschool where you just go drop them off! ;)

Erica said...

Does his face get any cuter!! Seriously. I miss my Jack Jack attackers. I didn't know you were doing that...on top of everything else(: Wow

Elise said...

Awww...how cute!!!! Steph- you are the best!!!

rebecca and tim white said...

Jackson is so adorable! We are so glad to have him (and you!) in Joy School this year.