Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Foods!

So my pediatrician told me since we didn't have to worry about Chase gaining weight that I could wait to feed him solids until he was 6 months old because of recent research done on allergies.  Whatever, I'll I heard was that I could put off smashed bananas in my hair and green beans all over the high chair a little longer.  A few days before Chase was 6 months, we dug out the high chair and sat him down for his first bowl of rice cereal.  He, of course (having my genes) loved it and gobbled it right up happily!
A few days later, it was time for Peas!  It was the funniest thing ever!  Every bite he shuddered and gagged but he kept opening his mouth and eating them.  He didn't spew them out like I was expecting him too.
We have "learning to like" lessons at our house.  If you whine and complain about a certain food, you then receive double.  If you politely just ask for a small helping and take a few "courtesy bites", then you're okay.  I guess Chase already knew the rules.  He took his  bites like a man without one complaint.  You're mommy's so proud of you Chase!  Way to eat those PEAS!

8 comments:

Stacie said...

Okay! That face is the cutest!! It is priceless!! I, myself, cannot even eat canned peas!! Way to go Chase!! :)

Elise said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures are SO cute!!! I'm so glad you were able to capture his face!!!! Shoot, I'd be tempted to keep feeding him peas just to seee that face...he's too cute! And Jackson & Audrey's grubbing knees- that just says they must have been having fun :) I just love you guys!

Joel & Megan said...

That face is PRICELESS! What a TROOPER!!!

Laurel said...

that is such a sweet face. he seems so big now. i actually love the baby food stage! that is such a good idea about the whinning to eat. i think i will copy you:) cant wait to see everyone at the polar express!

Gina said...

Oh I loved those pictures! Chase is such a cutie with those gorgeous eyes, but that yucky pea face is hilarious! Your kids are getting so big. I love the Jonesy table manners lessons. I am totally pulling that on Maddie. She's a nightmare at the dinner table.

JessieC said...

That picture is hilarious! I wish Cadence could learn that rule, she is the worst eater. Chase is getting big, do any cannon kids have to worry about gaining weight as kids? Mine just come out ready to eat:)

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh, that picture tells a million words! When Brig was a baby he would eat his green peas, but then he would throw them up EVERYTIME!! I love it, your kids are such great eaters. We stick to strict eating rules too, but Brig is just picky, although he is getting a little better. Maybe you could give me some lessons!

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

this is so funny... lucky you he still eats them. Hayden spits them out and gags himself :) good rule on atleasy takin some bites.. I should use that for Paul too.. he's a picky one:)