Saturday, April 10, 2010

Catalina Trail 5 mile Race

I've known Matt a long time and I was finally able to talk him to running a race with me. Now that our kids are older, we can leave them and run together. There is a 5.2 mile trail race at Catalina State Park (right near us). Since there was trails and mountains involved, I think that's why he agreed to do it.
Matt wasn't very valiant on his training, but he came to the race with a smile on his face ready to "just finish". He's never ran that far before in his life when a ball wasn't involved somehow. He pinned on his number and was ready to go.

Somehow I managed to finish first in my age group and won this very expensive, very prestigious...mug. Matt finished as well and I was so proud of him. The question is "will he do it again?"

2 comments:

Jen A. said...

Way to go Steph, and Matt!! Keep him inspired!

Erica said...

Unfortunately Matt is still going to have to run a marathon to be able to say that he's done everything better than me :) Actually I'm impressed. Does this mean he'll be running the 24th of July 10K? Steph, do you feel special that you're the only one in the world he'd run for?