Thursday, February 24, 2011

World of Color

The Tower of Terror.
Two schools of thought- you either love it, or hate it. The last time we were at California Adventure back in 2004, they were just about to open but we just missed it. Blake and I went together first to test the waters for Matt and Audrey. I couldn't stop laughing the entire ride. I thought it was so much fun. Blake liked it too, so we fought over who was going to get to go again with Matt and Audrey... I won. Truthfully though, it was way better the first time because I had no idea what was going to happen.
On Friday, I ran in to some of my Young Women, Bethany and Morgan, and was able to talk them in to going on it with Blake and I. Bethany squeezed Blake's hand so hard he was in pain and she never opened her eyes once. Morgan loved it and bought the t-shirt.
Let's just say that Audrey wasn't quite as fond of it as I was.
Matt was very brave and a good sport. But was also in school number 2-
don't want to do it again.
We're in the second row, I'm holding Audrey's head while she's screaming. Before the ride, I told her it was fun and that she would be fine. I'm not sure I have her trust anymore.
Good thing Mom packed the rain ponchos, because they came in handy for the Grizzly River Rapids. Jackson pulled his poncho over his head, hunkered down in his seat and didn't poke his head out once. Blake and Audrey begged to do it again... and again.
All day long Blake kept asking for one of those Turkey legs. When it was time for dinner and we were asking what everyone wanted. Blake said, "all I want is a Turkey Leg!" So we gave him the 8 bucks and he went and bought his turkey leg.
He devoured it like a true carnivore. He did share a few bites though.
Jumping Jelly Fish! Look Ma, no hands!
To end day two, we watched THE WORLD OF COLOR!
Jackson had been asking the entire day for cotton candy. I turned him down every time, but while we were waiting for the show to start, I snuck off and got him some. We waited a long time so we could have a good spot to see the show.
It was so worth it. It was absolutely AMAZING!! It was Audrey and my favorite part of the whole trip.
We walked back to the hotel after the show ended singing and smiling. Another wonderful day.

No comments: