Sunday, September 27, 2009

Surprise Trip to Utah!

.My Mom surprised Blake for an early birthday weekend trip to his dream destination...Utah. I picked Blake up from school early, telling him he had a Doctors appointment. In the car, I was briefing him on the shots he needed and that one needed to be given in his bottom. Boy was he squirming. Asking all sorts of questions about why, how, and WHERE??? I had just recently gottten a tetnus shot and it hurt for about 2 weeks and Blake new this. He was very nervous. So to calm him down, I told him that Grandma Jones had been given a similar shot and she could tell him about it. We called Grandma and she informed him that he wasn't driving to the Doctor, but instead he was driving to the airport to fly to Utah. He couldn't believe it. He, Chase and I all flew up together. There were a few more reasons we came...
Reason # 1: Erica had just had her birthday. When we got there, my mom made sure Erica was at the house. I called her and starting talking. Asking about her birthday and such. Then I said, "oh, I never told you what I got you for your birthday" and she said, "no! don't tell me!" and then I said, "Okay, I'll just show you." and I walked around the corner and gave her a huge hug. Super fun surprise!!
reason #2: Grandparents day at Tyler, Zach and Cooper's school so we all got to visit and Blake got to hang out with Tyler and his friends. What a beautiful school!!
reason # 3: Evan wanted to see "little fat guy"
reason # 4: My mom wanted me to compete in the 2nd Annual True Grit Triathlon. First, as just the running leg for our family team and then she decided she wanted me to do the whole thing. Mind you, this is a last minute trip so I had not been training for a Triathlon. But she got the tickets for us to come so I'm at her mercy to do what she wants. I just about drowned swimming because I couldn't breathe (altitude- right?) and almost got lost on the bike I borrowed from the Shoells. But on the run, I was motivated by beating my old neighbor Mikey Hammer who was wearing his Ute shirt. So I finished strong- I even caught Jen in her cute 'skapriz'.
reason#5: I hadn't seen little Connor yet and couldn't wait to meet him. Luke and Benson love visitors as well and played so cute with Chase.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

i always have fun looking through all your blogs! Your kids are so cute :) We love and miss you guys SOOOO much!!!

Jen A. said...

Steph, thanks for the e-mail. I did steal a few photo's off the blog!! I loved reading through your blog, I have your cute fam on my list. It is so fun to stay up to date!! We really had s good time catching up with you guys.
Take care,
Jen Allred

Trisha said...

Okay you crack me up. You go months and months without blogging and then magically you have 100 posts all at once. Its fun to see what you guys have been up to. Your family is so great. We are excited to spend tomorrow with you all...Love you guys.