Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pinewood Derby

For Blake's final Pinewood Derby he decided to make an arrow shaped car 
and call it the GRIM REAPER.
Matt and Blake worked hard polishing wheels and sanding axles.
Blake and Joseph waiting at the finish line
It's neck to neck- Blake came in second.
So Jackson loves playing with Blake's old Pinewood derby cars and he's broken all of them.  Blake told him to get his own so for Christmas, Jackson asked for a "Have-a-Derby Car".  Matt got him a kit and didn't want to leave Audrey out so he got her one too.  Matt made three different cars with each kid- Jackson was on cloud nine.  He played and slept with it for a few weeks straight- "Where's my Have-a Derby car?"

1 comment:

Elise said...

I love this!! So glad Blake had fun & came in 2nd....I think it's grea that Audrey & Jackson have their own cars too. Growing up in a family of girls, we didn't have pine wood derby- I feel like I missed out on all the fun! It wasn't until I was WORKING for the BSA that I discovered the fun of pinewood derby cars...it's a fabulous tradition (when parents don't get out of control) :-)