Friday, May 1, 2009

First Annual T-BIRD TROT

Somehow I got roped in to doing a fun-run for the Elementary School. The word spread after I did one in Primary and we thought it would be a fun community event to get the kids and their families moving. I named it the
T-BIRD TROT because we're the Thunderbirds. I commissioned Grandpa Cannon to draw a picture for the t-shirt (he's fairly inexpensive) it turned out really cute! Thanks.
After the 5K, we had a kids race that was only a mile and they were trying to "Beat the Principal"
After throwing up in his mouth and just swallowing it, Blake came in fourth place for his grade. That a kid.
Audrey opted to do the Kids race. She had fun but of course loved her medal and slushy the best. Maybe she can try the 5K next year...
Did I just say "next year"?
'Grab your friends and neighbors and go out for a walk,
Cuz we're all getting ready for the T-BIRD TROT!!!'

1 comment:

Trisha said...

What a good mom!! Can I run next year? :)