Saturday, July 19, 2008

Jackson Turns 3! Monkeying Around

For some reason Jackson had his heart set on a "MONKEY" party for his birthday this year.  We had just returned from our long trip so we just kept it simple and small.  The movie 'Space Chimps' had just come out and Jackson giggled every time he watched the previews so we packed our snacks and headed to the movies.  The kids loved it!  All the way home they were singing..."I am Titan I am strong... No one wants to sing along!"
Jackson wanted "the lots of monkey's in the red bucket" for his birthday. 
 I was able to figure out that he was talking about a 'Barrel of Monkeys'
Uncle Paul and Raegan came over for presents and cake. 
 (Poor Brig was sick so he and Trisha couldn't make it.)
Jackson got a pet monkey and a new backpack for school. Blake and Audrey gave him some new cars and GR. C. gave him a cool Lightening Mcqueen shirt and plate set.
Raegan and Brigham gave him a BATMAN, and GR J. gave him a Nash jersey, 
cars sheets, and a few other fun toys.  He also really wanted the little orange cat from the Smurfs, Ahzriel, that he had spotted in Vegas.  He was pretty excited about that one.
Audrey was very willing to watch over Jackson's new pet baby monkey for him while he was busy with presents.  She carefully showed him how to properly feed and care for it.
Time for Cake!
Of course Jackson wanted a monkey cake.  He talked about it for the next week or so.
Happy Birthday Jackson! We Love our little MONKEY!

5 comments:

Elise said...

Oh how cute!! I Love it!!! I can't get over his cute face- or the cute faces of all your kids! I just wanna squeeze them :) Glad you all had fun and happy birthday to jackson!! XOXO

p.s. next time someone tells me to be quiet- i'm just going to say it runs in the family and I can't... :) jk

Trisha said...

Oh that looks like such a FUN birthday party...I am so sad that Brig and I couldn't make it! Dang! But I know Raegan had a great time, looks like we missed out on a yummy monkey cake. See you tonight, thank you in advance SO SO SO much for watching my kiddos.

Wall Writer said...

I can't believe he is already 3!! I remember you being pregnant with him right when we moved to Tucson!! Time sure does fly...

Did you make that monkey cake? It was sure darn cute!! :)

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

hahahah steph, that is so cute!! very creative, where'd you get that idea for the cake? Hayden has that same monkey and is goin to be one for halloween, we call him our chunky monkey

Erica said...

Okay, that cake is so super cute. What a fun birthday party. I love that he wanted a barrel of monkeys. Very cute Steph